Woodside is a 2/3 form entry Primary School. This means that in Years 1 & 2 there are 3 classes and all other Years have 2 classes. We also have a thriving Nursery for children from 2 years old.
Our children are encouraged to be independent and resilient, to challenge themselves and persevere to overcome problems.
We provide excellent teaching, backed up with regular and robust assessment. We make sure we know every pupil well, so that we understand their needs and provide realistic and stretching goals. We are a disciplined school, where pupils thrive in a culture defined by mutual respect and good behaviour. We unashamedly focus on academic excellence and focus on every child achieving highly in subjects that will serve them well beyond school and into the next stage of their education and into their careers.
We have an uncompromising culture of no excuses, and we insist on high standards for staff and pupils. We mean this, we follow it, and we refer to it every day because we believe in it. Every pupil matters, every pupil can achieve, every lesson counts.
At the same time, Woodside Primary School offers a caring and supportive learning environment that nurtures pupils' development into positive, well-rounded members of the community. We strongly believe in aspiring to provide a world-class education, and we are proud of our pupils.
We ask parents to commit to our home-school agreement so that they know what we expect of their child. By working in partnership we can jointly ensure that each child makes progress every day allowing them to excel academically and develop into well-rounded individuals who contribute positively to our society.
Woodside Primary School combines the traditional values of strong discipline and good manners with the best of modern teaching. We believe passionately that education transforms lives and that there is no ceiling to achievement.
We aim to…
- Create a welcoming and caring atmosphere, placing safeguarding at the forefront of all we do.
- Expect the very best from all through developing an enjoyment, and commitment to twenty-first century lifelong learning.
- Develop critical thinking and the ability to transfer skills.
- Foster self-esteem, self-autonomy and self-discipline.
- Provide inspirational opportunities to acquire, develop, and apply a broad range of knowledge, understanding and skills.
- Enable pupils to become creative, innovative and enterprising learners who welcome challenge.
- Develop a respect for the spiritual, moral, social and cultural values and views of others.
- Encourage and recognise the importance of pursuing a healthy lifestyle and developing wellbeing.
- Promote a sense of community cohesion through developing partnerships with all stakeholders in our academy.