Woodside is a 3 form entry Primary School. This means that in each of our year groups; Reception to Year 6, there are 3 classes. We strive to be an outstanding school at the heart of the local community in which every child is empowered to have self-belief and to aspire to achieve her/his highest potential.
We are committed to building futures in a welcoming and supportive learning environment, in which all pupils feel valued and challenged to be resilient thinkers, active learners with transferable skills and have an appetite for world learning.
We aim to …
- Create a welcoming and caring atmosphere, placing safeguarding at the forefront of all we do.
- Expect the very best from all through developing an enjoyment, and commitment to twenty-first century lifelong learning.
- Develop critical thinking and the ability to transfer skills (Learning Powers – LP).
- Foster self-esteem, self-autonomy and self-discipline.
- Provide inspirational opportunities to acquire, develop, and apply a broad range of knowledge, understanding and skills.
- Enable pupils to become creative, innovative and enterprising learners who welcome challenge.
- Develop a respect for the spiritual, moral, social and cultural values and views of others.
- Encourage and recognise the importance of pursuing a healthy lifestyle and developing wellbeing.
- Promote a sense of community cohesion through developing partnerships with all stakeholders in our academy.